When you create your first document in Powered Now, the system will prompt you to decide what number you would like the document sequence to begin with. Once you have selected the number, Powered Now will follow on in sequence for your next document.
We understand sometimes you would like a custom number or need to go back and amend a previous number. Below I will explain how to do both.
Setting them up.
- Click the Settings (cog).
- Click the Document & Logo Settings.
- Click Numbering Rules.
You can change the Prefix to your custom sequence, i.e. rather than INV it could be personalised - such as KR0012.
How to change a Document Number?
- Follow the steps above to get to Numbering Rules.
- From there, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see an override option.
- Now, revisit the document that you need to edit the number of.
- Open the document.
- Click the Options button and then Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page and you will see a box labelled Document Number.
- Here you can type in the box the new number and then select Save and Close.
And then you're all done!